Thuesen reexamines not only familiar predestinarians such as the New England Puritans and many later Baptists and Presbyterians, but also non-Calvinists such as Catholics and Lutherans, and shows how even contemporary megachurches preach a "purpose-driven" outlook that owes much to the doctrine of predestination. For anyone wanting a fuller understanding of religion in America, Predestination offers both historical context on a doctrine that reaches back 1, years and a fresh perspective on today's denominational landscape. Excerpt This I know, that no one has been able, without falling into error, to argue against this predestination, which we defend according to the holy Scriptures.
More from this Issue
Scouller; R. Foster; T. Johnson Christian Literature, Read Overview. Read preview Overview. Church History, Vol.
Predestination : the American career of a contentious doctrine
- Document - Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine
Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID.
Forgot password? Old Password. New Password.
- Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics.
- Foundations in Craniosacral Biodynamics, Volume One: The Breath of Life and Fundamental Skills: 1?
- Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine!
- Subscriber Login!
- The Granny (The Mrs Browne Trilogy Book 3).
- fonudikigexi.tk | Predestination | | Peter J. Thuesen | Boeken.
Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed. Returning user.
Request Username Can't sign in? Forgot your username? Enter your email address below and we will send you your username.
- The book of Daniel : introduction, Revised version with notes, index and map;
- Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine?
- The Un4seen Dimension (Truth Book 1).
- Discourse on the Method for Reasoning Well and for Seeking Truth in the Sciences.
- Navy Brat.
- Future in the Past.
- The Fish-Faced Mask of Mystery (Hardy Boys Clues Bros.).