Thuesen reexamines not only familiar predestinarians such as the New England Puritans and many later Baptists and Presbyterians, but also non-Calvinists such as Catholics and Lutherans, and shows how even contemporary megachurches preach a "purpose-driven" outlook that owes much to the doctrine of predestination. For anyone wanting a fuller understanding of religion in America, Predestination offers both historical context on a doctrine that reaches back 1, years and a fresh perspective on today's denominational landscape. Excerpt This I know, that no one has been able, without falling into error, to argue against this predestination, which we defend according to the holy Scriptures.
More from this Issue
Scouller; R. Foster; T. Johnson Christian Literature, Read Overview. Read preview Overview. Church History, Vol.
Predestination : the American career of a contentious doctrine
- Document - Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine
Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID.
Forgot password? Old Password. New Password.
- Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics.
- Foundations in Craniosacral Biodynamics, Volume One: The Breath of Life and Fundamental Skills: 1?
- Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine!
- Subscriber Login!
- The Granny (The Mrs Browne Trilogy Book 3).
- fonudikigexi.tk | Predestination | | Peter J. Thuesen | Boeken.
Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed. Returning user.
watch Request Username Can't sign in? Forgot your username? Enter your email address below and we will send you your username.
- The book of Daniel : introduction, Revised version with notes, index and map;
- Predestination: The American Career of a Contentious Doctrine?
- The Un4seen Dimension (Truth Book 1).
- Discourse on the Method for Reasoning Well and for Seeking Truth in the Sciences.
- Navy Brat.
- Future in the Past.
- The Fish-Faced Mask of Mystery (Hardy Boys Clues Bros.).